Clothes say a lot about a person, they are the first impression we make on others. On our website where you find more fashion tips articles, we will teach you a little about the basic guide to dressing well for men. You will learn about what clothes you should have in your closet.
Choosing the right clothes
A man’s wardrobe should be very versatile. Having the right clothes will help you create countless outfits that will be appropriate for every occasion.
There are basic garments such as men’s jeans and polos, which are always perfect. Creating a wardrobe often depends on age and tastes, however, there are other pieces that should always be there, such as suits or a good pair of shirts.
When choosing the basics for your wardrobe, take into account their versatility. Yes, it is possible to combine that garment with others to create different styles and you should not stop asking yourself if it is something you would wear. Well, if something is fashionable but definitely doesn’t go with what you like to wear, it’s better not to wear it.
Basic guide to good dressing for men
Looking good doesn’t have to be a challenge for men. There are pieces that are suitable for each person and that in many cases can be adjusted to fit perfectly. The way you dress says a lot about you, so it’s important to look appropriate for every occasion. In this post, we will give you several tips that will help you define your style and what can look good on you.
Basic clothing tips
When buying clothes it is important to take certain things into account. Being a man, one is very practical when purchasing any piece. But that doesn’t mean you should choose whatever. We will give you some tips that will help you have clothes that fit you well.
- Buy clothes in your size: A mistake that many men can make is buying clothes that are either too big or too small. If you like an item of clothing but it doesn’t fit, discard it unless it can be adjusted.
- Less is more: Simple and lightly loaded outfits are always ideal. Knowing how to dress for each occasion is not just about wearing a casual or formal outfit depending on the meeting. In many cases opting for sobriety and classic is not synonymous with boring, rather it is a guarantee that there will be no mistakes. This rule also applies to accessories, so don’t abuse them. Although they can give a different touch to your outfit, it does not mean that you should take all the accessories in your closet and use them together.
- Be guided by trends: If something is fashionable, it does not have to be the same as buying or using it. Well, not everything that is in trend will look good on you, it may even do, but it is not among your tastes. And if a garment makes you uncomfortable it will automatically look bad.
Buy your basics
As we already said, there are basic garments for men. The idea is to be able to find pieces that are versatile, and that allow you to create many outfits as well as have the characteristic of being timeless. Some of them are:
- White shirts: something that you cannot leave out is this garment. It works great for both casual and elegant styles.
- Jeans: this garment is one of the most universal, there are many styles so finding the right one will not be a difficult task.
- Polo: it is an excellent option for a relaxed style without being sporty. It also allows you to wear it with shorts or jeans.
- Suit: Although it is not a piece that is worn that often, it is always necessary to have a well-fitting suit.
- Plain T-shirts: T-shirts work for everyday wear. They are perfect for hot seasons and with a sweatshirt ideal for cold weather.
- Casual pants: opt for dark or beige ones, these are more versatile and easy to combine.
Also read: 10 Tips for buying and choosing New Clothes
Dress according to your body
There are many body types. What looks good on one doesn’t have to look good on the other. So it is important to take that into account when buying men’s clothing.
For thin men, it is recommended that they choose pieces that are not tight but not baggy, and that are straight. They can wear voluminous clothing and layered styles are ideal for them. You should be careful with the choice of suits because if you are tall there is a possibility that it fits well in length but is a little big.
If, on the other hand, you are plumper, you should avoid layered clothing as it will give you more volume. Preferably opt for neutral colors and never buy clothes that are too baggy or too small.
Create your own looks according to the occasion
There is a look for every occasion, if you want an informal style you can opt for jeans, a T-shirt and sneakers. If on the other hand, you want something more casual, wear dark pants, a shirt, it can be long or short sleeve, and loafers.
For a formal look, wear a suit and classic Oxford shoes. An outfit elegant enough for any event. You can create a sporty style by wearing t-shirts, sports pants, and sneakers.
Street Style can be somewhat risky if you prefer the classic. You can put together your outfit with some ripped jeans, a pair of boots, a printed t-shirt, a denim jacket and some accessories to complement such as hats and sunglasses.
Find your style
In fashion, one of the most important things is finding your own style. Trends are references, but that doesn’t mean you have to adopt everything that appears on the catwalks.
Trying new styles is not bad. Just make sure it fits you and that you like it. As time goes by, fashion changes and so do tastes. So it is normal that little by little you change the way you dress.
With this basic guide to dressing well for men you will be able to look great at all times. Remember that not closing yourself off to new trends is an essential way to adapt fashion so that it is what you want.