Skip to main content

To be a professional you must look like a professional, that is why you must have the basic equipment of a professional photographer, to look and take photographs like a professional.

Have you heard the saying “they treat you how you look”? And be careful, we are not discriminating against anyone! But in the work and professional world, personal image is a very important factor that must be taken care of and taken into account. And in photography, the personal image is no exception, which is why you should know the basic equipment of a professional photographer.

To be a professional you have to look like a professional! 

If so, to become a professional photographer you have to believe that you already are one. You would be surprised by the power of the mind to achieve the things we set out to do. It is for this reason that it is important to have the necessary basic equipment to help you complement your photography knowledge and skills. They say that the equipment makes the photographer, but it is not entirely true, you can have the most advanced, expensive and professional equipment in the world, but if you do not know the concepts of photography and you do not know how to handle heavy machinery, what good is it? have the most advanced photography equipment? 

Also read: First steps to be a professional photographer

Remember: The equipment does not make the photographer, but they do complement him. It is important to have good equipment since they are tools that help channel one’s knowledge, skills and creativity.

On the other hand, there is some truth in that saying, having a good team complements you by 20%, the other 80% depends solely on you, your knowledge, skills, creativity and style.  The equipment is tool that helps you enhance your knowledge and skills and help give you a more professional image. But BEWARE! They are not just for decoration, you must know how to handle them as well.

With all this in mind, let’s move on to learn about the basic equipment needed to be a professional photographer and get the most out of your camera, your knowledge, skills and creativity.  

Having the necessary equipment is very important, since it complements our knowledge and skills, which is why you must have the basic equipment of a professional photographer, which is the following:

  • Camera: The camera is a photographer’s main weapon. This should be to your taste and preference, whether analog, digital or even mobile. We recommend that you start with a digital one. It doesn’t matter if it is a compact or semi-professional camera, used or new, the important thing is to master the concepts of photography and start practicing.
  • Objective: There is a wide variety of lenses to obtain different photographs, but don’t worry, you can start with the basic lens that your camera comes with and go up a level little by little.
  • Tripod/Stabilizer: They are very useful regardless of whether or not you have a good pulse, these will help you make your images stable and fixed.
  • Memory cards: It is always good to have extra storage cards or cards with greater storage capacity, to take photographs without stopping.
  • Batteries: Likewise, it is advisable to have a couple of extra batteries so that nothing stops you. 
  • Strap: When photographing it is important to be comfortable and safe, so a good strap will always be of great help. 
  • Backpack: It is very useful to have a backpack in which you can fit all your equipment without forgetting or losing anything. Having everything organized will make you look more professional.
  • Cleaning kit: For your equipment to last and be in good condition, it is important to have a cleaning kit to always keep it impeccable.

Also read: The best image formats to print photographs with exceptional quality

Now that you know, what are the first steps to follow and you know the basic equipment of a professional photographer necessary to be a pro. I invite you to purchase your equipment, no matter if it is new or used, there are a wide variety of options on the market for very good prices.

Follow us on Instagram